CourseStorm is a cloud-based course registration and marketing system that is transforming how people find, register, and receive credit for informal education. We have customers all across the US and are growing fast. With that growth comes a host of interesting technical challenges. We are seeking a motivated and skilled programmer to join our team.
As a core contributor, you will work closely with our Product and Support teams, tackling new challenges every day and helping to improve the product and experience for all users. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to get in at the ground floor and be an important part of our growing company.
- Work closely with the Support team to troubleshoot issues and ensure a great customer experience
- Work closely with the Product team to refine existing features in CourseStorm, making them simpler and easier to use
- Develop new tools to help capture and analyze data to improve our user experience, onboarding and sales process, and the efficiency of our support
- Work with the Product team to develop new features
- A strong desire to learn new things
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot, debug, and quickly solve a variety of issues.
- Excited to work at a startup company and make a big impact
- A firm understanding of web applications and how they’re structured.
- Experience and understanding of object oriented programming (OOP) and model-view-controller (MVC) systems
- Experience and knowledge of relational database systems, ideally with MySQL
- Experience using the Linux or Mac OS X command line
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Adaptable to a fast changing environment
- A good base knowledge of server architecture
This is a full-time position and includes full benefits. Remote work options are available for the right candidate.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Head of Product, Matt James via email@example.com with the subject line: Software Engineer