CourseStorm is on a mission to streamline access to education by offering an impossibly simple way for local education programs to put their classes online, spread the word about their offerings, and process registrations. We are growing fast and with that growth comes a host of new customers and interesting technical challenges. We are seeking a motivated and skilled software engineer to join our team.
As a core contributor, you will work closely with our Support and Product teams, tackling new challenges every day and helping to improve the product and experience for all users. To be an outstanding candidate you’ll be great at listening, writing, and an excellent troubleshooter. You’ll also be excited about moving quickly and being an early part of our rapidly growing company.
- Work as a key member of both the Support and Product teams to troubleshoot issues, refine existing features in CourseStorm, and ensure a great customer experience
- Research reported issues and respond to support tickets in a friendly and professional manner
- Develop new tools to help increase the efficiency of our support as well as capture and analyze data to improve our user experience, onboarding, and sales processes.
- Work with the Product team to develop new features
- Flexibility to take on a variety of constantly updating challenges
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot, debug, and quickly solve a variety of issues.
- Excited to work at a startup company and make a big impact
- Fluency in relational database systems, ideally with MySQL
- Experience using the Linux or Mac OS X command line
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- A firm understanding of web applications and how they’re structured.
- A good base knowledge of server architecture
This is a full-time position in our Orono office.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to CEO, Brian Rahill via email@example.com with the subject line: Software Engineer