Summer 2019 Startup Internships
CourseStorm is a startup on a mission to streamline access to education. We’ve developed an impossibly simple platform for local education programs to put their classes online, spread the word about their offerings, and process registrations. We are growing fast and are excited to offer paid internship opportunities for Summer 2019. We’re looking for passionate, determined, and curious people to join our team and learn first-hand what it’s like to work in a fast-growing startup company.
- Software engineering – You’ll join the Product team where you’ll have the opportunity to work on architecting, programming, and testing projects for our software stack. You’ll help us continually improve and streamline our user experience, software architecture, and QA processes.
- Marketing / growth hacking – You’ll join the Marketing team where you’ll help with copywriting, SEO, SEM, A/B testing, customer segmentation, and more.
- Support – A great way to dip your toe in the water at a software startup, you’ll join the Support team to help our customers with technical issues, replicate and troubleshoot bugs, streamline our Support process, and get a front-row seat to all that goes into a rapidly growing company.
You will be expected to:
- work collaboratively with your team on a daily basis
- have a high degree of autonomy to complete your projects
- seek help when needed
- participate in all-hands meetings and report on your projects’ progress
- complete projects on time
Please apply if you
- Constantly find yourself spinning up new projects of your own
- Have a strong desire to learn new things
- Are flexible to take on a variety of constantly updating and growing challenges
- Are excited to work at a startup company and make a big impact
- Are passionate about improving lives through education
- Thrive in an environment that is full of opportunity and autonomy
If you’re the kind of person who loves building things, seeing them grow, and is always coming up with a better, faster, or more elegant solution to a problem — we want to hear from you!
CourseStorm provides a competitive salary and immense opportunities for learning and growth. Because we know that great ideas come from different places, we are particularly interested in building a diverse team of go-getters. Internship positions are full-time at our offices in beautiful Orono, Maine.
The deadline to apply is February 28th, 2019.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your answers to the following questions along with your resume to Head of Product, Matt James via email@example.com with the subject line: 2019 Summer Internship
- What internship position are you interested in? (Software engineering, marketing, or support)
- What is your interest in CourseStorm and why?
- What skills and/or experience do you want to grow/acquire through this internship? (Anything in the job description that appeals to you?)
- Please tell us in three or four sentences about the most impressive thing you have built or achieved and what makes it such an important achievement for you.
- What have you always wanted to learn? Why? (Can be in our outside of school/work.)
More about CourseStorm:
CourseStorm is streamlining the way people find and register for local education. Our platform is used by customers in 45 states and by over 250,000 students. We’re growing rapidly and building a motivated team to help us reach the next level and beyond. For more information on CourseStorm, check out the rest of our website.