As anyone who holds classes can tell you, attracting students is an important goal. In many cases, it’s the #1 priority for programs! Today we’re adding a new way to do just that: enhanced, richer results in search engines. Best of all, there’s nothing more you need to do to enable them!
We’ve added some new code on most class pages that tells Google and other search engines more about the classes you offer. Though the search engine decides if and when to display these new interactive results, this new code gives them all the information they need to build the best preview for your classes.
Take a look at the difference between how search results have looked in the past and how they may appear in the future:
Tips to Highlight Your Classes in Search Results
Wondering what can you do to make your classes really shine in search? A little extra preparation in your catalog can go a long way. For example, following these suggestions can give your classes the best chance to show this enhanced look:
- Include a description for each of your classes. The new summaries won’t display if you haven’t provided a description.
- Make sure you include a price (even if your classes are free!). As always, you can type “Free” or “$0” if you offer free classes.
- Choose a location for each of your classes. Locations give search engines even more of an opportunity to showcase your classes.
- Add an image. Make your class really stand out with an image! CourseStorm’s built-in image search makes this easy.
- BONUS: Start out strong! The first sentence of a class’s description is usually what shows up under its link in search results, so make sure to start out with something that will capture interest when you describe your class.
At CourseStorm we like to do everything we can to fill seats in your classes, whether that means sending out an email reminder when someone doesn’t finish a registration, allowing you to send a message to people who’ve taken your classes in the past, or adding a class calendar to your website. Likewise, we’re excited to see CourseStorm classes really pop on search results pages with enhanced listings!Previous Next