CourseStorm is a focused, optimistic, mission-driven, and hard-working team. We believe all types of education should count and that varied educational experiences are necessary to meet students’ diverse needs across a lifetime. We do our best work at the intersection of education, technology, and human connection and are building our company to have an impact throughout the long-term.
CourseStorm is expanding its Board of Directors and is seeking an energetic board member committed to furthering our mission of streamlining access to lifelong learning. We are continuing our high-growth trajectory to increase our impact on students while at the same time, we are focused on building a sustainable, profitable company with a solid base of delighted customers.
The ideal board member will have connections to a variety of lifelong learning organizations and communities. Using your experience and knowledge, you’ll work with us to identify blind spots, expand our strategic thinking, and chart the course ahead. You’ll be an active participant on our journey, and will challenge assumptions while remaining an excellent listener. In return, you’ll have the pleasure of working with a transparent management team and board, knowing that you are making an impact on students’ lives.
In particular, we are seeing board members with one or more of the following:
- A commitment to lifelong learning including personal enrichment and workforce training.
- An understanding of alternative credentials such as badges, and short-term certificate programs.
- Deep experience with adult learning organizations, including community education, community colleges, corporate, professional and workforce training programs.
- Knowledge of online instruction in adult learning including content providers and a variety of LMS’s.
- Experience with companies of our size and a proven ability to help them achieve the next level.
CourseStorm has a commitment to inclusivity and recognizes that access to education is a critical component of a socially just world. We work with diverse organizations across the US and are particularly interested in recruiting board members that reflect the variety of experiences and backgrounds as diverse as the CourseStorm customer base and the students we serve.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please contact Brian Rahill, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you!