Most of the nonprofits we work with are constantly on the lookout for ways to reduce costs and grow their programs. That’s why we had to share the news that Amazon Web Services (AWS) has recently partnered with another company called TechSoup Global (TSG) to connect nonprofits and public libraries with up to $2,000 worth of select AWS products and services.
TechSoup is a nonprofit technology network that connects nonprofits with discounted or donated tech products and services. That list now includes the AWS Credits Program for Nonprofits.
What Is AWS?
It’s owned and managed by Amazon.com, the online retailer that forever changed the way we shop. Amazon has created online tools that work just like your old versions of Microsoft Word and Excel.
According to Amazon, over 17,500 nonprofit organizations are already using AWS to reduce infrastructure costs, build capacity, and reduce waste. AWS eliminates the need for nonprofits to make large upfront investments in hardware and then spend the time, effort, and expense to manage that hardware.
What’s Included In The AWS “Grant”
This program is a great way for nonprofits to begin or supplement their use of cloud-based services and solutions. By using AWS’ cloud-based services, organizations can stretch their IT budget significantly.
The grant includes:
- $2,000 worth of AWS service credits annually to be used towards:
- Amazon WorkDocs – Secure file creation and sharing in the cloud replaces desktop word processing programs.
- Amazon WorkMail – Secure email and calendar service that allows you to access your existing email accounts from anywhere.
- Amazon WorkSpaces – Virtual solution that allows you to access your computer “desktop” (files, programs, resources, etc.) from anywhere.
- Guidance on how to get started with AWS.
- Access to the AWS Free Tier and Self Starter Package for nonprofits.
Who Is Eligible For The AWS Credits Program
- AWS credits are only available to qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofits and public libraries in the U.S.
- Organizations must have a valid AWS Free Tier account in order to apply for and receive funds. Sign up here.
- Organizations are limited to one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits within the lifetime of the organization. However, organizations may request a renewal for the grant each fiscal year (July 1-June 30) once they have been approved for the grant.
- There are no operating budget restrictions. Organizations of any size are eligible for the credits.
There are other requirements for eligibility and you may want your IT administrator or technical adviser to review them for you. For a complete listing of those eligibility requirements and restrictions, click here.
How To Sign Up And Use Credits
Eligible organizations can apply for AWS credits online at www.techsoup.org/amazon-web-services.
AWS service credits essentially help to subsidize an organization’s technology costs. Credits can be used:
- To pay for AWS on-demand cloud services, like secure email and your online document sharing.
- To pay for monthly AWS support fees.
We think the AWS Credits Program for Nonprofits is well worth exploring, and we hope this information has been helpful to you as well! The program is a simple way to maximize your organization’s infrastructure dollars while embracing dependable cloud technology from a name you can trust.
Learn more about Amazon Web Services Credits Program for Nonprofits at http://www.techsoup.org/support/articles-and-how-tos/aws-credits-program-for-nonprofits-faq.Previous Next